What do you need to do?
Here are the main steps you need to follow—the template contains comprehensive advice and guidance.
- Download the paper template package. Please follow the manuscript format here.
- Write and prepare your article using the template.
- Create a PDF file of your paper (making sure to embed all fonts).
- Send the following items to your conference organizer:
- PDF file of your paper
- Signed License to Publish Agreement (download here)
- (If it applies) Copies of any permissions to re-use copyrighted materials in your article (e.g., figures from books/journals)
Points to consider when preparing your paper
Well prepared papers enable rapid publication and reduce unnecessary work for your editor. The following points summarize the key issues you need to consider, or comply with, when preparing your paper for UI Proceedings Series.
- Do not add page numbers or headers/footers. Our article templates deliberately do not include these so please do not add them.
- Do not alter the margins of our templates. They are carefully designed for UI Proceedings Series production process: Altering them can cause significant delays.
- Prepare and format references with care. Please prepare and format your references in accordance with the examples supplied with the author templates and documentation.
- Embed all fonts into your article PDF. PDFs supplied without embedded fonts are often completely unusable for printing or publication purposes. In such cases we have to return those PDFs to the proceedings editors, asking them to request the authors to embed the missing fonts. Failure to embed fonts can cause unnecessary inconvenience to your proceedings editor(s) and introduce publication delays for other authors—failure to provide a replacement paper may result in an article being removed from the proceedings.
- Use clear, legible graphics and diagrams. Readers of your paper will be grateful. If they cannot read it they are unlikely to cite it.
- Do not use copyrighted material without permission. Papers using copyrighted material without appropriate permission and acknowledgement will be excluded from the proceedings.
- No 1-page papers please. 1-page, abstract-only contributions are not acceptable and will be excluded from the proceedings.
- Avoid huge PDF files (10 MB maximum, ideally). For the benefit of your readers we recommend keeping your article PDF file below 10 MB. This is a recommendation, it is not a requirement.